Wednesday 18 June 2008

Still On Nigerian Bloggers

AH, you see, you didn’t have to wait long for part 2 did ya?

In continuation of my dedication to fellow Nigerian bloggers I need to mention The Explorer, a fellow Naija blogger, blogging from Kaduna State. He posted a comment on my blog and decided to make that comment the subject matter of his post. Much respect man! Once in a while I Google ‘Naijaleta’ just to see how many links I have, (you guys should do that too). There were about four different links to ‘Naijaleta’ from that singular post on The Explorer's blog. I have been living in the UK for a while and did not realise that the Obama campaign success would generate so much buzz within the Nigerian political stage.

Appreciations, felicitations and conviviality, (abeg jus read on don’t bother picking up the dico. I’m not even sure of what those words mean) to those who posted comments on my last post, and to those who did not. Aloofar, point noted, I will amend your URL on my blog roll. What archive are you talking about Mommy? Me I no tosh anibodi archive O! Na my jeje a jus dey go O. How’s Tontolo?

Be honest Naijabloggers, how many of you try and imagine what an anonymous blogger really looks like? (Most of us are anonymous innit?). No intrusion of privacy meant but you just can’t help but wonder what a particular anonymous blogger really looks like. Before I give you what could turn out to be a completely inaccurate description of some of these anonymous bloggers let me give you a vague description of myself. I’m dark skinned, around 5ft 10” tall and never met anyone who said I was not good-looking.

Let me tell you what I think anigeriandramaqueen looks like, around 5ft 4” tall, dark skinned, perfect set of teeth and a lovely smile with a size 8 body. (She said she was size 8 so no prizes for that). I’m not intruding into your privacy but something about you just reminds me of my twenty year old cousin and it’s her description I’ve just given above. Oops I forgot to add, very pretty with long natural hair.

I think Bumight is light skinned with a slightly pointed nose, cuddly, not more than a size 10 and laughs a lot. I also think she’s got short hair and would probably not be much taller than anigeriandramaqueen above and very beautiful. Please, please, don’t go into hiding again O! It’s just my imagination running riot. Oya, pele.

There’s something about the signature images on these two blogs that just drive me crazy, Femme fatale and Afrobabe. That of Femme fatale is just wicked! Ah, I won’t tell you what or who comes to my mind anytime I see that picture and I won’t try and describe those two either. Kilode? You wanna put me in trouble?

The first time I saw solomonsdelle’s blog I thought it belonged to a guy until I read her post about re-writing history. Well done sister. Talking about sisters, need to mention undacovasista, something tells me she’s mixed race. OH, Naijaleta you’ve got to stop this guesswork you’re doing O. It’ll get you into trouble. (My inner voice, see how loud it was).

I’m sure you blokes out there would be wondering why it’s only the babes I’ve been mentioning. Like duhhh…? The babes blog more often than you guys. Give it up for the sisters!!! I’m feeling you gan ni.

Is it me or are there more female Naija bloggers than male bloggers?

On a more serious note, not that I’m looking for a wife but don’t you guys think it’ll be fun marrying a fellow blogger?

I’m I feeling a Part 3 coming? Are you guys bored?

40 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol! I LOVED this post! I have had the good fortune of seeing Bumight. While you are right to suggest that she is lovely (and she is on the inside and out), I will say that she is probably 5ft 6 and will make a heck of a doctor someday. =)

But, you can't stop here. Come on, let your imagination go and describe what other bloggers could possibly look like or be like. It will be great to read and you'll get more readers. Also, could you insert blog addresses in the names of the bloggers you mentioned? The more hits the better...

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hey!

I now write for Obama.

Details on my blog ;)

Afrobabe said...

lmao...you'r crazy mate!!!

And whats with my pic...sexy isn't it?

Was thinking of changing it to that of a pastress!!!!

Afrobabe said...

oh yeah...u asked for an update on my tattoo post...There is actually a post after that one...check ur link..

darkelcee said...

lolll

so u have a third eye or what?


i actually think about it a lot.

please roll out part 3.lolll

theicequeen said...

ey i LOVED this post! found your blog from facebook oh...

Unnaked is also attempting to figure out how all the anons look..im still waiting for my evaluation :P

and we have the same template! nice :P

good blog you have here oh, really nice..

this your blog na wa oh! ive spent 30 minutes trying to post a comment, Darkelcee don tiff my space sef..nedless to say, i'm impressed by my setrmination :P

Mommy said...

I'm definitely feeling a Part 3. Tontolo is fine, thank you.

Mommy said...

I'd love to hear a description of what you think I look like. I'm so ready to laff. Take care now!

Oh...made Top Ten :0)

Femi B said...

Funny, i also try to imagine what the annoy.bloggers look like, and those that have ficticious pics, i imagine thats what their souls/spirit is like... or their personality.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Haha your too funny!!!! I try to think about what bloggers look like. Thats the beauty of blogville-knowing people only by their words...
You know whats crazy? Your 98% right with my description!! Hmmm I will be back with what I think you look like!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

hmmmm maybe im your cousin?!!LOL

musco said...

i think u ve created a curiosity in all of us(bloggers)that will make us want to go the extra mile to know wot we all look like vis-a-vis our writings.

thanks 4 stopping by my blog.

O'Dee said...

Bored ke! abeg keep keep d posts coming.

I so lv this post.
I also wonder what fellow bloggers look like.

ShadeCrown said...

yea female rule the world.. hehehe
u are looking for a wife?lol
goodluck

Chari said...

I swear I'm with you on that one...as in the mere Idea of blog love jus has ma head ticking...

femme fatale said...

LOL!!! why is my picture wicked....dont u like it??

LOL!

Unknown said...

Def have imagined what other bloggers look like. It's just natural to do so, I think. Though I'm more intrigued about how their words reveal their real personalities. You've got us hooked... part 3, bring it on.

Sasuke said...

you would be so unblogerly not to think about it. i am privileged to have seen princesa and fantasy queen. meeeeen!!! those babes fine no be small.

nice write up bro. i am feeling you

NaijaBabe said...

Lol.....this is quite funny!
Imagining what fellow bloggers look like.
As for SD's blog, the first time I got there, I sharpishly hit the 'x' and closed the window. Then I re-opened it...shet, it looked like somn from a sisterhood...like a frat...I fear small!

Flourishing Florida said...

dis is nice, specualating on what anonymous bloggers look like. am most curious abt afrobabe! hehehehehehehehehe. yes o, am tripping 4 dat babe.

another person i want 2 see her visuals is aphrodite. i mean, d ways her bobos r stuck 2 her like glue, she gaz 2 b like bianca onoh wen she was miss nigeria! just guessing

Smaragd said...

well, well, u just put the thots in my head into words! i wonder what fellow bloggers look like from time to time.

so i await the next installation...

Smaragd said...

and about "inter-blog" marriage, hmmm.... lemme go and think, i'll be back...

Tininu said...

inter-blogger marriage...i have one or 2 comments for you..

you know the same way you lay ur bed, is the way you sleep on it...well if you marry someone else that has seen your blog and knows some dark things about you..then i can happily say, the same way you dig your grave is the way you will lie in it.....

na so babes dey for this place ooo, a lot of them are hot, if i do say so myself ooo.the one or two i have seen sha are hot!!

The Activist said...

You the do guess work too ke. No be you just think of how anaijadramaqueen and Bumight would look? Funny one though.

I wonder why Solomonsydelle was introducing you, now i know why. How cme I didnt get introduced like this too. I jealous o

What were you think saying Solomonsydelle blog must be a guy's? Systers are he best writers on blogville o

bumight said...

I'd say you're 75% right with the description.
I have a mental image of most of my favorite bloggers and they're perfect in my head!

Zena said...

lol,

keep it coming, solomonsydelle was right,

we're waiting for the rest

Unknown said...

hahahahahah waow

Thirty + said...

UCS - Mixed race?

Nah, don't think so.

Not that I have met her before - lol.

Nearly deleted your add on facebook was thinking how anyone could be called ahmed chibuzor babatunde - abi hacker ni bobo yi (thinking you were a hacker).

UndaCovaSista said...

Lol! Nice post.
So no one has ever told you you're not good looking eh? Guess they wouldnt say it to your face...(just kidding :))

Me? Mixed race? Hmmmmm, well i guess the probability of that being accurate is 1:2...

isha said...

Hilarious! I'm enjoying this. First time on your blog. I'm about to keep reading.
Nice.

isha said...

Btw, fellow-blogger, I like a man who's confident in himself jere. Lol. j/k.

UndaCovaSista said...

1:2 = 1 out of 2...

Mz. Dee said...

bored?? 4where!!!
I loved dis post mahn!!!
Jejely waitin 4 part 3 o!!
Lolz
(plz remove dis word verification thing luv! thx!)

uNWrItten* said...

haha..this is really good..u have a pretty vivid imagination :)

NneomaMD said...

That is so weird, because the first time i read nigeriancuriosity, I thought solomonsydelle was a guy too.

Ms Sula said...

Funny enough, some of the descriptions you gave are mine as well...

I guess words do convey a personality/physical appearance... :)

Quite curious about the rest! Any girls want to attempt one for the guys? :D

First time here, love it!

Rebirth said...

lol......... i love this post.... now u got me thinking!!!! esp how the guys look like......

Unknown said...

With all ur names,u r really proudly nigerian.I also wonder what bloggers look like.i can't picture their visuals cuz it wud be crazy.e.g sometimes i actually think carl looks like that cute rat cuz he's funny and i didn't sasuke is a guy.i mean the image is more feminine.1st time i saw it,i was like this more be some catwoman.
Abeg,bring part 3.i loved this post.And delete this verification thing

Writefreak said...

ah lol...what a nice guesswork! Wonder if you're right with your guesses!

Yeah i think there are more blogger ladies than guys...! Will be looking out for part 3, infact, i'm linking you on my blog right now!

Buttercup said...

im officially hooked to this joint..