Monday 18 August 2008

The Solomonsydelle Sect

Did you guys actually think I will simply stop talking about you just like that? Nah! I enjoy talking about you guys a lot and I won’t stop I only took a break. Those of you who have been reading my posts would have noticed how I lurve looking for trouble. Honestly, I’m not the kind of person who will sit down jejeli and trouble will come and meet me. I would actually go and look for trouble. Remember ‘Yaki’ the Chinese guy?

Moving on, I had to struggle a bit with the title. Well, I had to decide between two titles, "Afrobabe Alliance" and "Solomonsydelle Sect". I chose the latter not because I don’t like Afrobabe, as a matter of fact,……Oh, never mind.

Alright, let me start by giving you some statistics about blogging. There are tens of millions of blogs and each day about one hundred and twenty thousand new blogs are created. That makes blogging quite a competitive endeavour if you’re looking at it from that point of view. You could have a blog, which nobody visits not because you’ve made it private but simply because there are several millions of other blogs struggling for attention.

If you visit other blogs outside the Nigerian blogging community you will notice that unless the blogger is some guru or spending a lot of money marketing his blog, on an average, each post would get just about 2-3 or at most 5 or 6 comments. I’m sure you will agree with me that is not the case within the Nigerian blogging community. A single post for regular bloggers gets an average of twenty to thirty comments. You even have bloggers commenting twice or even thrice on the same post. In some cases you have two bloggers running a conversation on another person’s blog or even having a three way conversation with themselves and the owner of the blog. That is because we see ourselves as belonging to a community.

Then you have Afrobabe, whose single post commands not fewer than eighty comments, over a hundred comments sometimes depending on how....er, interesting the post is or how, erm... stimulating the picture is. Wonder where she gets those pictures from.

Okay, this post is not about Afrobabe alone. It’s about all of you and the spirit of community that exists between all of us. I respect and sometimes get emotional over the fact that we all belong to a cyber community, look out for one another and behave as if we are all members of the same family.

Having said that, I’m aware of the fact that there are hundreds of other Nigerian bloggers who don’t belong to this particular community I’m talking about. I don’t know if you have all realised but there’s a particular community that bloggers whose names I’ve mentioned below belong to.

The reason I chose this title is because we all appear to pay obeisance in one way or the other to Solomonsydelle, the headmistress of blogsville. The reason I wanted to choose the other title was because we all have this habit of commenting on Afrobabe’s blog. I still don’t know why I chose to dedicate the post to Solomonsydelle and not Afrobabe. I’m sure Afrobabe knows how much I love her.

To the following bloggers in the Naija blogging community who belong to the group I call the "Solomonsydelle-Sect", I troway salute, and keep up the good work:

To Afrobabe, Aphrodite, Aloted and Bumight. Okay, brief pause, I’m trying to do this alphabetically but it may not work so don’t worry. Let’s just continue, anigeriandramaqueen, Jarrai, all the way from Gambia (Okay, I know she lives in London but she’s part of this lovely community). There’s Shubby doo aka flying-Snow, the Chinese lady who still owes me a hug, Esmeralda, buttercup and Charizard, ma mehn. How could I forget my fellow Chelsea fan, Wellsbaba or Tin-Tin onijogbon? The list goes on, six gbosas for Sasuke, badderchic, ms. O, femme fatale, ibiluv and fineboyagbero, whose English sounds a lot more polished than that of any agbero. Then you have, ejura, vera, aloofar, archiwiz and Isha my sweetheart. Notice that I put vera and aloofar together.

Did you guys actually think I was gonna forget to mention Oluwadee and freeflowingforida? Wow, this list is gonna be a long one O, we still have undacovasista, naijalines, naijababe, everyonelovesanaijababe, naijaidol, naijavixen, lighty ‘neferet’ kopearl, 30+, mommy, tairebabs, femi b and anonymousgirl.

Please help me! This guys will kill me if I don’t mention their names, Jaguda, tobena, ablackjamesbond, kay-Shawn, Rodney, ynot, the explorer and Waffarian.

Then you have the Porakot beauties, Mz. Dee and theicequeen. Those two deserve a whole paragraph and that’s why I have given them one.

Moving on, felicitations to goodnaijagirl, standtall, Iwalewa Mcdaniels, rita esuru okoroafor, naija sutra and musco. Then there’s Carlang, Zena, Jayjazzy, Jaycee, naapali, notperfectdotcom, unwritten and sting who is being suspected to be my blog crush.

I’m gradually getting to an end. Wow, this is really tedious. Na who send me message?

On the list we still have, lg, Omosewa, uzezi, princesa, nine, rayo, doja, qmoney, parakeet and Shona vixen, our beautiful Zimbabwean sister. Jaybabe from Botswana has stopped blogging, unfortunately.

Another person who deserves a whole paragraph is queenofmycastle, who is just a personification of the word, ‘beauty’.

If there’s any blogger, whose name I have not mentioned it’s due to lack of space, as in, memory space in my head for the name. No, no, just joking. Anyway, if you feel I’ve left any name out of the "Solomonsydelle-Sect" please let me know and if I have included any name that you think I shouldn’t have included please tell me, with reasons why you think I shouldn’t have include the name.

52 comments:

Naija Idol said...

1st!!!!!!

Naija Idol said...

1st!!!!!!

Naija Idol said...

u Naijaleta... u get emotional???? puhlease!!

Totally agree with on fineboy agbero's english.


nd im 2nd and 3rd!!:P

aloted said...

lol 2nd!!! @naija idol your 2nd and 3rd dont count jo..lol

wow u actually came up with this whole list...lol...well done!

yah i like the fact that we are one happy community or so i'd like to think.

O'Dee said...

There is eFbabe from London - http://efjay-efjay.blogspot.com/

C how u mentioned Bumights name, n claimed to want to write the list alphabetically. U know u always mention her name in all your posts.

Blogville is a lovely community.

isha said...

am loving blogville too. Thanks sweetheart!

wellsbaba said...

5th!...no ves atleast I try small..I dont think u mentioned 9jababe n standtall..lol...there are loads of dudes o anywais,premiership don bgin in a sensational 4 nil victory over portsmouth,wetin dey shele?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

??????????????

Vera Ezimora said...

Yes, biko, I wanna know why Vera & Aloofar were put next to each other - not that I'm complaining, of course. It's a rather cozy place to be in, but I'd like to know what inspired you to do so.

P.S. In case of next time, can you please put me under Aloofar....instead of next to him??? LOL.

Anonymous said...

now i finally have the updated who's who in blogville list!
i've been so stuck in the 2006's...

Rita said...

You try well well...

There's got to be some good things Nigerians are known for

Shubby Doo said...

Release afro jare! The woman averages over 100 comments per post...aloofar aint that far behind! So i'm the chinese chick that owes u a hug...pls no cause trouble 4 me & your blog crush o! Oh yeah...i write that way cos i think that way!

Shubby Doo said...

How could u 4get jaja & a22 or boorish male & baroque...i could go on but you may have 2 update your post o!

Mz. Dee said...

mehnnn u rily tried!! i hv a whole list of bloggerz u didnt mention.. Invisible! Hv u been at his blog?

But for the love of god, i cant remember.
but i gta hand it to u..u rily mentioned the 24-7 bloggin bloggerz!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I pretty much read most of the bloggers you mentioned, as far as commenting on their pages, only when neccessary.

Flourishing Florida said...

u skipped out afronuts, tintin (girl), qmoney, ms sula, simi! kai, u missed a lot oh. but don't worry bros, u try wella. i do so @ home wit d naija blogging community, i tell u!

Buttercup said...

lol...u really tried...*gives a standin ovation*

theres also lady koko, ms. o, dee!, enigma n aloted..

Buttercup said...

oh n yea, theres also woomie o!, mekistein n a newbie blogger, miz-cynic

aloted said...

@buttercup...aww thanks for remembering me (i am flattered). i was one of the first on the list though :D (let me check to see my name still dey o..lol)

@naijaleta- i can't see writefreak mentioned or na my eyes.. once again i commend your effort in remembering all those blogger names!!! You TRY!

Buttercup said...

@ aloted..lol my bad! i aint wearin my glasses, pls pardon me..lol..

aloted said...

@buttercup- lol..no shaking at all. The fact that u "wan fight" for me dey sweeten my belle...hehehehe

have a great day girl ;)

Buttercup said...

@ aloted..lol u r welcome..u have a fab day too!

@ naijaleta..this is what u were talkin bout, people have a convo on another person's blog..abeg oga no vex o..lol..

bumight said...

the solomonsydelle sect? and I'm a member. you should have blogged about the afrobabe cult!

you are going to get into trouble for this (who sent you?) for all the names u left out!

truth is, every blogger has their own "clout", more like a following - of people that read their blogs faithfully.

Afrobabe said...

Did I just see my name on that post??? hmmmm lemme go and read

Afrobabe said...

Hmmmmm this kind alphabetical order that has A in the middle of M..
We love ourselves jare…this community has been the best thing online ever..well plus all them nice pictures on the internet..lmao..I know u love them pictures love, I see u drooling over themmm


dont just love the conversations that take place in the comments?? some of the comments are sweeter than the post which brings u back to see responses..lol

Afrobabe said...

and u didnt mention my friend fluffycutething...how can u resist a chic with that kind of name???

badderchic said...

I am constantly awed as to how bloggers care about each other, one second it seems like you are alone in this world, the next pple are there telling you it will be aiight. the diff btw fb and blogspot is that there everybody is acting like its all good posting wedding pictures and shit but here? we real mein, this is life!

I love you guys die! and I aint just saying that.bloggers are more family than some pple I really am related too.

na God save you sey you throway gbosa to me orelse!

The Activist said...

Hi, saw ur comment on my blog. To answer the question I did not see my name on Solomonsydelle sect on your blog. I actually read it yesterday but was logged out (time expired) b4 I cld make my comment. Thought I was not on the sect cos I don’t meet your criteria for qualification (lol).

But now my name is suddenly there!!! You edited it or I didn’t wear my glasses when I read it last night?


Lmao: Vera wanna be under Aloofar. Hmmmmmm ere kere

Jay said...

You are so right...its a nice community and we have the best of the best in here.

Everyone is nice and the talent in some of the writings are unreal...you tried ooo.

How is you?

Afrobabe said...

since Vera want Aloofa on top of her I will need a male blogger sideways oh...

Rayo said...

hmmmnnnnn

FineBoy Agbero said...

hmmm... not bad!!!
Ehn-ehn? So my English dey polished? Not bad for one with school cert. ehn?
But be careful o; like d song goes: "nothing sweet about me... sweet about me... yeah, yeah..."

ibiluv said...

na so we dey do......u cant touch us.........

naija bloggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms.O said...

awww and i didnt even know this was here!!! Yay for the shoutout I am very happy to be one of the naija bloggers!! We taking over!!

badderchic said...

just mistakenly went to an Asian girls post

it was dry!

and true to your word, she no get past 2 comments.

Naija bloggers!

cant tosh dis den den den den den den den

Femi B said...

The Solomonsydelle Sect sounds like a CULT..or what do you think. all we need to do now is make some outrageous rules and uniform and pick someone to follow/brainwash us. (sorry but my sick sense of humor just got the best of meZ)

UndaCovaSista said...

lol @ "...In some cases you have two bloggers running a conversation on another person’s blog or even having a three way conversation with themselves and the owner of the blog..."

We also have those who respond to comments on the blog owners behalf before they get the chance to!

Smaragd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smaragd said...

awww, sweetie, u not only remembered my name, u remembered my new name (despite my "inconsistencies")! u get five kisses for that. mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah!

I started blogging in March, tho i opened the account in november 07, and i must say that while i may not update regularly, reading blogs makes me very happy!

getting to know these wonderful people in blogsville... now i've got blog sissies, blog egbons, blog cheries, blog twin u just name it!

the naija blog community is a haven!

kay-shawn said...

First time here!

I feel honoured that my name was mentioned. Thanks man!

kay-shawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theicequeen said...

aww, i read this thing wiv one kain smile on my face ehn, cuz the whole community thing is proved when every new name i read is familiar..

had a similar post in mind, talking about the community thing we have going..i love it!..oh, and blushing madly cuz of the porakot beauty thingy..you wan try me and MIzz DEE?? lol..

ehnen..facebook me sharpish.we have to talk.

Zayzee said...

a real family. it's good. and it gladdens my heart i belong abi? so make this my family save their money o, my book is coming out soon. each blogger gets a free copy but buys 3 for friends. lol

bumight said...

so you want us to beg you before you update abi?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Have u noticed how the comments are arranged? Who is under AlooFar?

:)) :)) :))

Jennifer A. said...

Naija bloggers for life! K, thanks to Oluwadee's blogroll I was opportuned to see this. I have to say I cracked up with the coined phrase, "The Solomonsydelle's Sect." Lollll...

Guilty as charged!

Jennifer A. said...

Vera and Aloofar...hmmm *giggles*

wellsbaba said...

upload now!upload now! where have u been?I have not even seen u commen anywhere,wats happening?

Anonymous said...

LMAO...I got here late buh nuin do me! thanx for the shout bros....

NaijaScorpio said...

I just saw this today. Pretty interesting. Who is suspecting me of being ur blog crush? I missed that.

Anyway, i love the naija blogging community. I don't think she knows this but Vera actually got me to start blogging after i read her article on nigerianinamerica.com. Since then, it's been one nigerian blog after the other and i love it.

ShonaVixen said...

I've only come across this today!!!Thank you Naijaleta, i feel so honoured to be mentioned here!! I love blogville so much and have made some gr8 friends! Once more thanx for making this Zim chicka smile xoxo

Zena said...

awww, I feel special, u actually thot to put my name, but me I noh! know say i dey inside sect ooh!

and badderchics right,

I only need to log on to blogger and I feel soo much better, I love you guys