Wednesday 28 May 2008

Tribute to Sunny Okosuns

I was saddened to read about the death of Sunny Okosuns at the age of Sixty-One years. When I was younger I used to think he was from South Africa. There was something about him that reminded me of South-Africa. Maybe it was the number of songs he sang about that country back then when they were still groaning under the yolk of an apartheid regime.
Isn’t it funny how everybody today wants to associate themselves with Nelson Mandela. The epitome of political correctness in the hypocritical Western World of today is to call Nelson Mandela your hero. So tay dey wan do im 90th birthday for London here. Na so so important pipul go come celebrate the birthday. The very same people who represent the establishment that sent him to jail several years ago. Not a single one of the people organising the birthday party for Mandela will remember the likes of our late Sunny Okosuns who cried relentlessly for his release from prison back in those days. May the good Lord give his family the fortitude to bear his loss.

I hia say holiday dey for Nigeria tomorrow, (29th May 2008). Bobs, I too laik dat country. Na so so work for this Jand sef. No be say na di Oyinbo pipul dey do the wok O. For where? Na we we dem. Imagine di time wey Chelsea and Man U enter European Cup finals, two English teams fa! When dem enter final I bin tink say dem go declare public holiday for di fans of di two teams. (I be Chelsea fan true, true) Fa, fa, fa, fowl dem no even send. I had nightmares throughout the night of how JT lost that penalty kick. On my way to work the next day, I called my boss to remind him of something. Guess what the prick said when he picked my call. “Don’t even think of calling in sick today, John Terry is still going to collect his One hundred and thirty thousand Pounds weekly pay. No pay for you if you don’t show your arse at work this morning. Hello, can I help you?” The prick!

I also hia say Mai-gida for Aso Rock go reach one year. Na wa O! Time flies. Rankadede Baba Ke! Make fila last for una head, make Babariga last for una body.
Can I have your sincere opinion, on a scale of one to ten, how Mai-gida has performed since he’s been in office? Mucho Gratias. (I dey learn Spanish small small) I’ll talk about that later.

Apologies to those of you wey no fit read pidgin English. Reminds me of Ramoni. He was my classmate back in primary school. One day the headmaster outlawed vernacular speaking in school. Anybody who spoke vernacular would be severely punished. Ramoni no sabi English at all at all. E get one time wey Ramoni wan go toilet and Ramoni no sabi how im go tell tisha say im wan go toilet. Ramoni hold am so tay, im no fit hold am again na so Ramoni shit for bodi O! Since that day a special concession was made for Ramoni in times of emergency.

7 comments:

Multiracial said...

This is interesting stuff.

multiracial

Multiracial said...

Interesting stuff!

Anonymous said...

lol @ ramoni

Unknown said...

Sonny Okosun was an enigma. May his soul rest in peace.

About the question you asked, It is accesible to everyone all over the world but the means of payment or transmission of money earned will be via paypal which is not yet readily available to those domiciled in Naija.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LG said...

****NIGERIA MOURNS****
May Sonny Okosun's soul continue to reat in peace-amen


buuhahahahaha @ ramoni, wahala dey sha!!!!!

I am said...

Great man, he'll be missed. Interesting side story here: he once tried to date my mum. When I heard the story, I remember wondering what it would have been like to have him as a dad.

Either way, I love my dad and I'm sure his kids miss him. RIP