Monday 16 June 2008

Of Nigerian Bloggers

I started this blog on 27th May 2008. When I started, I had no idea the Nigerian blogosphere was this busy. To be honest with you I thought there were just going to be a couple of Nigerian bloggers. I was pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong.

This post is dedicated to fellow Nigerian bloggers, some of whom I would mention and some I would not mention, just refer to them. I apologise for not providing links to the blogs I will mention because I want the post to be free flowing, like free flowing florida. (Don’t you just like that name?) As for the other blogs I will not mention or even refer to abeg don’t take it personal. This is not a valedictory blog I will mention your blog later. Like you know, we write these posts as the spirit leads, as in the one in the bottle. (Can’t write without my shakis (liquor) beside me.)

Before I started blogging, I Googled certain key-words, like, ‘Nigerian bloggers’, ‘Nigeria’ and ‘Naija’ and I made some interesting discoveries. Bella Naija was the first blog I saw and it sits right there on the first SERP (Search Engine Report Page) of the key-word ‘Naija’ in Google. Abeg how una take do am? Then I saw another blog, Naijablog, a few links down but still on the first SERP and decided to check it out. To my utter amazement, it belonged to one Oyinbo boy like this! As if to prove that he is Oyinbo proper he attached a picture of his parents to that day’s post.

At this point I have to remember Oluwadee. She was the first person to welcome me to Naija blog life. Don’t you guys think Oluwadee would make a wonderful wife for her husband to be? I wish her a happy married life and plenty of good things to come.

Then there’s the issue of intruders. Young ladies blogging anonymously since that is the only way they can express themselves in our bigoted, myopic and parochial society. Some morrafucking SOB would start threatening them that they know who they are and they would expose them. WTF!!!!! Why don’t you mind you effing business? If you don’t have anything better to do go get a bar of soap and wank off or something just get out of my face! Honestly, fellow bloggers, I think we should appoint a Headmaster of some sort to deal with these SOBs. Or what do you think? I would like to personally nominate ablackJamesBond. He has the experience, way back from Primary school days. Did you read about how he dealt with Ibukun? Hilarious stuff. That reminds me, a friend was asking me why Bumight posted a comment on my blog that she would ‘remain open’. Then I explained that she was being threatened into going private by one of those SOBs. My friend said, Oh oh. Stupid guy, I wondered what sort of open he thought the poor lady meant. Shio.

Yeppa! Time has gone and I haven’t even mentioned half the people I would love to mention. Then you’ll have to watch out for Part II of this post. I’m sorry for making it look like a Nigerian Home video.

PS: My fellow Chelsea fans, this season is ours!!! We have signed Big Phil. Oh God I’m so excited. Managers don’t come better than Big Phil. This guy is a World-Cup winning coach, he’s England’s albatross. On three different occasions in a space of four short years his teams put England out of an international football competition. Let Drogba and Lampard go wherever they want to go Big Phil will easily find replacements for them.

Thank you. That is the end of the end of my public announcement.

15 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hi Naijaleta,

I see you're enjoying blogville

Thanks for blogrolling my blog.

One thing though... the URL is wrong. It's aloofAA, not aloofA ;)

Howdy?

Mommy said...

Hey you!! I see you dug into my achives :0)

Don't know why this post made me laugh and wonder...

Since I wasn't among the first people to welcome you, let me take this opportunity to say welcome!

Everything happens here (blogville). Fasten your seatbelt.

;0)

Mommy said...

I am so second...and third...on an Monday!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

awww i like this post!
I didnt even know what blogging was untill I read an article about NaijaFineBoy and 2 other naija bloggers in MADE magazine. Blogging has become my latest addiction. Theres so much talent on here its ridic...
PS: I totally agree with you on the Kini Big deal video kinda being similar to 50cents video! I liked the quality of the video but that was about it actually. It wasnt as good as the song. Now the P-Square videos on the other hand are hotttttttt...esp. Roll it.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

And to my darlin anonymousgal,since u have lost you job i promise to send u an un specified amount each weeek.
this is a nyce post

Smaragd said...

"Willkommen an Bord" (welcome on board) Naijaleta.

Blogsville is the place to be, a place where u get the most honest views from people who have no need to impress u cuz they dont know u.

I opened my blog in November but i started blogging actively in March 08, and i'm addicted.

u'll meet many great peeps dude, have fun at it!

bumight said...

lol @ "staying open"

what "open" did ur friend think?

I started blogging in 2006? 2005? I'm not even sure, but I moved to bloggsville in 2007 june. (wow!that sounded like a resume of some sort!)

Afrobabe said...

lol...

Cool post...welcome to blogville...I am the treasurer so pass all your money over here for safe keeping..

I was shocked myself when I discovered the nigerian blogging community....been great fun getting to know all this people...

O'Dee said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw!!!!
Am touched, 10ks a bunch. N Amen 2 d prayers u left on my blog.

Flourishing Florida said...

am free-flowing? hahahahahahahahaha. 'what's n a name?' my dear, no mind jeremy of (naijablog). because say he marry n2 naija & liev here, e imagined himself nigerian. if e no be panadol, e no fit b like panadol, abi? *wicked laughter*

i've always wondered y pple freak out on their identity being found out. probably it's cos i don't i couldn't give a fuck who knows it's me writing. i even send d link 2 my family & friends (& know how freely i yarn abt sex, daz some bold step, bah?)

wande said...

I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG

isha said...

Nigerian Home Video for real! I'm feeling it.

Mz. Dee said...

be lyk say me and u get bone to pick o...SHESI???
why u pick chelsea na?? my heart is broken... sniff...

Unknown said...

great write ups naijalette.
have fun

Buttercup said...

i was also amazed at the amount of naija bloggers...its like we just dominate errwhere we go without actually intendin to