Thursday 26 June 2008

Naija Bloggers Part 3

For some funny reasons there were no comments for the first couple of days after my last blog on Nigerian bloggers so I thought my fellow bloggers had voted with their keypads. No comments means, ‘we don’t like your post’. ‘Who do you think you are?’ ‘Dis Naijaleta sef. He just joined us and he is trying to break the sanctimonious façade of the religious piety code of the ancient Order of the Nigerian bloggers’ society’. I thought you guys considered my last post a sacrilegious and contemptuous indiscretion, which should be visited with the dreaded declaration of Omerta, complete, deafening, ear-shattering silence. I thought I had been declared persona-non grata in blogsville.

By the way, where was I? Ah, yes!

Again, much respect to everyone who dropped a comment and to those who did not.

When I wrote the first draft for this post I had not heard from bumight and undacovasista. Mehn, afraid catch me no be small. Dat kain undacovasista fit arrange make some Brixton boys organize me O. Not to worry anyway, I’ve heard from them. Bumight said I was 75% accurate with her description and undacovasista would neither deny nor confirm that she’s mixed. Hmmm… she reminds me of Babangida who refused to deny or confirm whether he was still interested in running for Presidency, then…

Theicequeen wants me to describe her. My dear, be careful what you wish for. You see, there’s a way a person writes that tells me what she looks like go ask anigeriandramaqueen who said my description of her was 98% correct. You see, if I connect with your writing on a particular level I can describe you down to your bra size! I know you're fine sha, very fine.

Mommy, mommy. I’m seeing a chocolate coloured, round faced person with short hair and a lovely smile. One of those people who are difficult to annoy but if you cross her peren,...she’s like Naomi Campbell. You see, something tells me mommy is actually a size 16 now but she wants to go back to the size 12 she was before she gave birth to tontolo. I’m feeling that she has this green striped T-shirt and grey jogging bottoms she wears around the house and which she always wears when she’s writing her blog. Walahi, I don’t know where that came from but mommy will confirm whether that is true or not.

You see, I keep confusing oluwadee’s image with that of Agbani Darego, which she has on her blog. I’m feeling that she’s a light skinned version of the ex-beauty queen. No, she’s not dark, FemmeFatale is the dark one.

Out of respect for the headmistress of blogville, solomonsydelle, I won’t tell you what she looks like. (Note that I said, ‘looks like’ and not ‘what I think she looks like’). Naijababe, I sure hope those lips are yours, SD (solomonsydelle) does not belong to any confraternity, she’s a sweet wife of one husband and mother of three children.

Charizard is definitely tall and lanky, a bit like Naija version of Peter Crouch but not as tall. If I lie, make I baff naked. Chariz, Chariz, there’s something about him that tells me he’s either in his late teens or very early twenties. Charizard mi, take that as the biggest compliment I have ever paid anyone on this blog. If anybody could grant me a wish, I would wish to be at least ten years younger.


There’s something about sasuke that tells me he is a very fine, light skinned bloke. He’s not very tall, about 5ft 10” tall, ok, maybe 6ft on the dot.

I’m only describing the fine ones? Would you want me to describe you if you were not fine?

I’m falling uncontrollably passionately in love with a female blogger, I won’t tell you who it is. Maybe oluwadee could use that to practise her matchmaking skills.

I was so happy to read bumight’s comment. No, she’s not the one I’m in love with. No, not because she’s not fine she’s…. oh, common, whatever!

See ya!

37 comments:

UndaCovaSista said...

Foyst!

UndaCovaSista said...

Lol! You are sailing pretty close to the wind with some of these your descriptions, don't you think?...
Me, i'm happy with my own, however, the Brixton boys are still on standby if anyone needs them...It can be arranged for a small fee

Vera Ezimora said...

No, no no no! This is totally unfair and uncool. You have to describe me. I no fear. Bring it on. Gimme what u gat.

O'Dee said...

ABC, this post made me laugh & smile.
One thing i noticed is how u played safe, not wanting to take risks with the descriptions.

U din't come near a clear description of me oh. We both know u can do better.

Who is this blogger babe u r in love with? Please email me studio5i@gmail.com, n let me fulfill my mission.

How body?

Mz. Dee said...

Lol @ chari'z description(Lanky baby!) and mommy's own!!
hehehe!!!!!!!

Hmm.. fallin in love.. dat is so cute!
whose the blogger na... sure say no be bumight? This one ure defendin urself!
LOL

I luvdd dis post! See me grinin lyk an ignorant goat.. :p

I'm dyin to ask for part 4. Lol
Buh u only told us dat icequeen si fine o.. describe naaa.

Mz. Dee said...

me and my typoz... bear with me abeg!

Chari said...

dude mehnnn...u dey make me fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how u know say ur bros tall and lanky???


gghmmn!!!!!!!!!!!!! na wa o!!

well sha u no go baff naked!

I think I willl be takin u more seriously from now on o...

Chari said...

I've been busted!

I dey comot blogville!!!

NaijaBabe said...

u played it too safe!
that's cheating!
On the other hand, I do understand that u are cared of them Bri-s-ton boys as u call em!
Yeah the lips are mine!!!

Ms Sula said...

You're hilarious!

You even imagine the blokes too? And you can see the clothes et all... That's more like psychic than anything... Lol!

Flourishing Florida said...

this is very entertaining. gosh, i know my imagination hasn't @ all run dat wild. i just wonder @ how some bloggers & leave @ dat cos i know flenty flenty pple guard their anonymity with their lives. am waiting 2 hear of those reviewed thing.

i might have asked u 2 describe me, but am afraid i've taken d mystery cloth off free-flowing florida.

Flourishing Florida said...

@ naijababe: those ur lips r very kissable looking oh! any one don tell u b4? ok, am speaking 4 d bobos dem wey don dey salivate since since

Flourishing Florida said...

& naijaleta, u've been added 2 my blog roll. so go do ur tag! & my dearest, it aint cos u r black. it's cos u r .....

Mommy said...

I read my identity with my mouth wide open. Who are you? Have we met before? You are so freaking 100% correct...minus 2%. I have long hair...well atleast I can pack it in a bun and I blog from the office...but mhennnn every other thing is so correct. wow Good Work!

Oh...you been tagged!!

Mommy said...

oh...and I swagger between a 14 and a sixteen. That makes it a minus 3%. (lol)

A Cuban In London said...

naijeta, just in the UK at the last count there were roughly 4 million blogs. I gather that since then the figure must have gone up. Don't beat yourself up too much about not getting any feedback. We, yes, WE, fellow bloggers and readers are lazy customers in a way and even when we like the piece we have read, we won't comment on it. It's the same as when you travel to another country and you arrive there safe and sound and although the journey was trouble-free it is very unlikely that you will pick up the phone and tell the airline: 'Thank you very much indeed, sir, your service was immaculate and the attention to detail was exquisite. we will be flying with you again soon.'

On another note, what I was on about on shine's blog was that she should not feel too despondent about the pushing and shoving because those things happen. That exes are hard work (to forget about them, that is). That I was not a pet person. That her feeling of loneliness is understandable and at the same time curable by reaching out to the people around her. Obviously, I was being slightly facetious. I hope you understand now.

Thanks a lot for your reply anyway. I will keep coming back. You have a good blog.

Greetings from London.

Shubby Doo said...

i have no idea why i thought charizard was lanky too because there is nothing ungraceful about your writing...utterly bizarre... *pondering*

Aijay said...

Lol @ "If I lie, make I baff naked."
So u're in love with a blogger. Abeg spill... I can work with Oluwadee to make it work. lol

A Cuban In London said...

Naija, man, thanks for popping by my blog. No offense was ever taken. I have enjoyed some of the posts I have read on your blog (haven't the time to read them all, man:-D) and I am the kind of blogger who DOES leave comments on those bloggers' sites.

Greetings from London.

theicequeen said...

LOL..eh..you got that teeny part ryt ;) but for some reason i fink thers cheatin ivvolved...however!! youno describe anything oh! fine no be description..gimme detail, mahe i follow Chari fear you..:P

and all these accusations of racism..i no see my own for your blogroll too!!! is it because im half another colour?? EH? racism ojare :P

bumight said...

so why were u happy to read my comment? is it because I gave u 75%? u better talk now before i reduce your mark!

and who is this female blogger since its not me? *shhh, i can keep a secret* lol!

isha said...

LMAO!!!
That's hilarious. Hmmm, falling in love. How can you fall in love with someone you don't know, abi am I out of the loop? Naija blogville is not completely anonymous. OMg!!!! (Hand on chest, absolutely shocked)

Lol, I'm enjoying these descriptions. I won't help you with a description of oluwaDee but the babe was reaching far with that picture on her blog o. j/k (Iyawo, you know I love you, lol)

How you dey?

Nigerian Drama Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I want to know who this blogger is! Stop the suspense now!
You know your secret is safe with me baby!lol

The Activist said...

Have you got 3rd eye Naijaleta? i hope to meet Charizard one on one soon and I will let you know if your discription of him is close

O'Dee said...

" Isha, chei! u have finished me on blogville.
I won't even stroke you here, she u we will both relocate 2 9ja.
Hisssssssssssss.

theicequeen said...

eyyy..youve been tagged!! instructions on mine...

still feelinthe suspence on this love youre lovin this person oh..who is it?? tell us b4 we form a group and employ Undacova's Brixton bwoiz...btw..this IS a threat...:P

Elle Woods said...

interesting post.

ejura said...

Who are you really naijaleta? Ahmed? Babatunde? Chi...?
Trying to guess what bloggers look like hmm? I'm always guessing too. Infact I have a pic of you in my head rite now.

Tanx for stopping by mine.

Plus let on on the blogger babe you're in love with.
A blog wedding would be so much fun!!!!!!

Jayn Sean said...

Well..i aint Nigerian, so i know i dont fit here.

So do your thing. When you thru, start on Blogville's Finest. Include everyone.

Very nice post. Yes i'm sulking..its just that i feel this aint fair...

I am said...

Firstly, thanx man for the props... I deserve them not.

Secondly, sorry I've been sooo busy with relocation and all. Not that easy in Nige I tell ya.

Thirdly, seems you've been hogging the attention of all the babe bloggers in the blogosphere. Take time O, lol.

Fourthly, as per your descriptions - no guys described I notice. Not that I blame you sha... I mean serioiusly what's the fun in that? ;-)

I am said...

PS "In love with a blogger" could be a song title couldn't it? Here's a tip on whether to spill the beans or not - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... DON'T!!

bumight said...

I think I have found the blogger!

oya, naijaleta, beg me not to spill!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

oooh, who are you in love with? Please, please, please, tell me nah! Kai, how you write fine post like this, even drop gist tidbits and then not give up the goods?

u no good oh! lol!

So you will describe bloggers down to their "bra size"? Oh my, I am cracking up over here, you have no idea!

Great post and thanks for the link!

Vera Ezimora said...

Ehm, update please!!!

Afrobabe said...

hmmmm enough comments...missed it...

ok..where do I start...Chari...I have a feeling you are right about the age...very early 20s and I mean tops 21..lol...no insult intended but you sound fresh!!!

ok...love + blogger = POST!!!!

Buttercup said...

i cnt do or write anythn bt laugh!