Monday 9 June 2008

Solutions To Nigeria's problems

When I started this blog I decided to write about Nigeria’s problems from a laid back point of view but immediately felt people would think I am trivialising Nigeria’s problems. I’m beginning to suspect my feelings about what people would think is true.

My last two posts on Barack Obama’s victory, which came across as very serious received quite a few responses. It appears people take me seriously when I come across as very serious. Honestly, I believe that you can’t be too passionate about Nigeria’s problems. We’ve got to look for more practical solutions to our problems and that brings me to what one of the bloggers said in his comment. He said and I quote, ‘…blogging evidently, will be the next political platform of the future.’ I could not agree with him more. I am one of those truly grateful for the advent of Internet technology that has made it possible for someone like me to publish my thoughts out there for the world to see without paying so much money or licking some editor’s arse. (Pardon my language).

Before Obama’s victory I wanted to continue writing about Nigerian Policemen extorting money from motorists. I wanted to make an appeal to fellow bloggers living in Nigeria to please take pictures or even make video recordings of such Policemen and publish these videos or pictures on their blogs. What are we doing with all those Nokia N95, LG Viewty and I-phones that I hear are quite common in Nigeria now? Oh, sorry no light to charge the phones. Seriously, bloggers should P-L-E-A-S-E start taking pictures or making video recordings of these criminal acts and publish them on their blogs. On the other hand, you can e-mail the pictures and the video recordings to me and I’ll be glad to do the honours. My e-mail address is achibuzor@gmail.com. I’ll be waiting to hear from you guys.

Sill on the issue of bloging as a way forward in Nigeria, I really think people should blog seriously about things happening in Nigeria with a view to exposing corrupt government officials. Someone said, 'dem no get shame' but I tell una say dem get family wey get shame. E sweet craze man make im go dance naked for market place na im family no go let am.

Another important point that was made was the fact that we have people like Obama in the country but we do not have political parties that will accommodate them so when they are eventually elected instead of them to carry out their agenda they have to satisfy those responsible for their coming into power first and there is no end to satisfying these vultures. Hmm… true talk.

My fellow bloggers how many of you want to join me in this blogging revolution to turn this country around for good? Let us start by publishing pictures or even videos of public servants, especially policemen caught in criminal acts. I was telling a friend that one of the reasons why crime rate is relatively lower in civilized countries is because of the presence of CCTV cameras on the streets.

8 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

I'm lovin' it here.

You write good ;)

NikkiSab said...

Hello crusader!!! lol I roger in on wat u saying and I wish 9ja can change. I'll visit more and 10x for stoppin by.

wellsbaba said...

word...blogs or rather the internet is d future political platform.....
I must tell u d truth,dat solution wudnt change a tin in 9ja!it only works abroad bcos 1)wen the culprit is apprehended there is a justice system that works that would prosecute 2)the culprit they shame...atleast hin get reputation wey hin dey protect 3)nobody is above d law
"publishin" of criminal n corrupt acts will not change a thin lemme tell u y 1)even if they are caught,do we have a justice system that is capable of doing its job
2)there so many pple above d law,do u knw ow many pple hav bin caught red handed n yet they escaped?x govnor of bayelsa escaped d UK dressed as a female,wen he was apprehended he was found guilty of all sorts of money laundering but where is he today?he walks freely on d earth with billions of amassed wealth!there so many glarin crimes dat escape here in 9ja
3)our pple no get shame...d x speaker of house mrs etteh,she dey shame?instead make she step down after all dat money she won gulp she still dey fight4her "papa national cake"....wat did d govt do2her?nothing!she's still at large!they way we run our govenrment here self dey promote crime cos with d right connections nothin will happen to u!

Femi B said...

I absolutely love your blog , cos i always want to talk about naija's issues with friends and they either show no interest or they think i am just too passionate about Nigeria for them. Anyway i would try and record such criminal activities when i am in naija next, you never know it could serve as evidence in the future. I for one would like to believe in the judiciary system of Nigeria... at least to some level, only that most people just don't know their full rights as citizens and also the lack of a truly " independent media". Expose their asses repeatedly on a daily basis till something is done.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

look out for a message from me.

Keep up the good work. And, I'm loving your name...

Afrobabe said...

Cool...I will def turn into a freelance police catching photographer when I return to naija...but you sure its safe???

Make them no break my head oh...lol..Just kidding, I actually think its a good idea...

tankojjetty said...

we'll be like nigeria's own x men...
we'll be the n men...or n team..lol
we'll fight evil with good...
we'll catch all those lieing, thieving, bribe taking cockroaches...
we'll show'll them for who they are...
we'll...

sorry...
i just daydream too much...lol

stanley obinna said...

keep the nigerian spirit alive,
1)pray 4 nigeria and encourage churches, religious institutions to pray 4 dis nation.
2)think creatively for solutions and encourage many others 2 do same.
3)act, and encourage others 2 do same..
with God at the forefront and our cummulative efforts Nigeria will change forr the better