Sunday 20 July 2008

Chinese Take Away

Those of you who called me agbaya because of what happened on the field last week I know you all and I’m going to reveal your real identities, walahi!

Charis, I saw those pictures you took, thank you very much. What I expected you to do was send me the pictures not that you should be playing inside the flood and snapping pictures of yourself playing inside water like a small boy. Iyen ni won ba e so abi ko kopret.

Talking about Chinese people, I understand that they have completely taken over Naija with their doll eyes.

How many of you remember those Chinese films? I’m sure Shubby-Doo watched several.
You remember those Chinese Kung-Fu students with their baggy black trousers, white T-shirts, black shoes and white socks. There was a time I thought all Chinese people dressed like that and were all good at Martial Arts. Much to my relief I discovered that not all Chinese people dressed like that. To my greater relief I discovered that not all Chinese people were good in Martial Arts or else I wouldn’t have had so much fun at my local Chinese take-away shop recently.

I walked into my local Chinese take-away shop the other day and I asked for my favourite dish.

ME:Herro, I want kin plon fly lac.’ I said in my Chinese accent with a sheepish grin on my face.

Chinese lady in shop: What?

I repeated what I said earlier.

Chinese lady in shop: 'Oh, you mean King Plawn Flied Lice?'

Me: ‘Yes, Dat’s what I said earlier.’ I said as I pointed to the item on the menu. It was number 75 and it read, ‘King Prawn Fried Rice’.

Chinese lady in Shop:You brak man I no rike you. You tink you can spekee Ingrish?’

Me: Eh, what has Barack Obama got to do with these?’ I said, pretending to be offended.

Chinese lady in shop: 'I no say, Balack Obama, I say, brak man, I no rike you.'

Me: Oh, you mean black man? You don’t like me?’

The Chinese lady kissed her teeth as she walked away with my order.

I was really enjoying myself.

She was immediately replaced at the counter by another Chinese Chap.

Me: ‘Eh, my friend, what’s your name?’ I asked him that question for the umpteenth time. Each time I asked him the question the conversation always followed the same pattern.

Chinese Chap: ‘My lame is Yaki’.

Me: Oh, Yaki. Nice name, what does it mean?’

Chinese Chap: I no say, Yaki’ he said, exasperated. ‘Yaki, Yaki, like Yaki Jan.’

Me: ‘Oh, you mean Jackie as in Jackie Chan?’ I asked as if I didn’t know already.

Chinese Chap: ‘Yes!’

There was a brief moment of silence before I decided to look for trouble again.

Me: ‘Hey Jackie, who is the President of China?’

Jackie: ‘Yes, Hu.’

Me: ‘I asked you a question and you’re asking me again.’ I said pretending to be very cross.

Jackie: 'I no ask kweshon. I say Hu is plesident of China.'

Me: You see, that was the same question I asked you and you’re asking me back. I said who is the Chinese President?

Jackie: ‘I say yes, Hu is the Plesident of the pipru lepubric of China. ‘Jackie replied looking very confused.

I was really enjoying this moment

Me: ‘I take it that you don’t know who is the Chinese President.’ I said.

Jackie: ‘I know and I terr you. The name of the Plesident of China is Hu, Hu Jintao.’

I definitely knew the name of the Chinese President was Hu Jintao, I was only
having fun.

My order came before I could come up with another prank and Jackie was relieved to
see my back side.

I will be back there to terrorize them some more. They cannot chase me away because they know I rike Chinese food even if they don’t rike me.

27 comments:

bumight said...

omg! you really are an ass! lol! they would just stop taking your order all together!

ShonaVixen said...

LOL..would have loved to see the look on Yaki's face..lol..

ibiluv said...

be careful..........be very carefullllllllll..........

dem no dey write black belt in karate for face...........

u r warned..............

Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...

awww...@ 'I rike Chinese food even if they don’t rike me'...sensing a need for a hug... don't mind them jare...chinese people like money too much to chase you away

O'Dee said...

Lol!
ABC u r something else. Stressing the poor peeps like that.

Unknown said...

You've got me in stitches. Didn't know you had comedy in you. Why are you freezing your butt off in "Jand" when you could be clocking 6figures per wedding reception back home?

Flourishing Florida said...

u r not serious! but dis is hilarious!

Femi B said...

i hope they did not spit or snort in your food...

isha said...

LOL, my lover! see you terrorizing the poor folk. how now? There's a joke on youtube about Bush and C. Ric on the name of the Chinese president as well. It's quite hilarious.

Ms Sula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms Sula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms Sula said...

That's hilarious...

... but remember they are cooking your food... I have seen nastier things done to nicer people... Lol!

Trust me on this, you don't want "Saliva spiced King Plawn Flied Lice"...

:D

Mz. Dee said...

lmao!!!!!!!
me i fro jhsust shrap u wan time.

:p Funny tho
And take ibiluv's advice!

Unknown said...

U r such a tease!
I am with Ms Sula on this o.

wellsbaba said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha
your auntie!u won finish me wit lafta??? abeg leave dose pple b4 dey notice you n brig n expert at kungfu to d counter to attend to you!

Sasuke said...

I thank God for you that not all Chinese dudes now martial art cos dem for done jet li your ass commot for the eatery. But nice prank sha..lol

Zena said...

u better stop before you get spit fried rice with snot on it....weren't u scared?

abeg oh! blak man, be careful

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

how old are you, playing these pranks? Keep it up and you will find a few surprises in your rice next time you place an order, no joke. And you better leave Yaki (like Yaki premium weave hair) alone....


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Afrobabe said...

hope they put some frogs in ur food!!!

Anonymous said...

did u have full view of the kitchen area? cos u might be having something else with that chinese food, i think u know what i mean...

aloted said...

lol..u this boy u better be careful..u never know if they spit or whatever in your food.
kai
lol

archiwiz said...

ABC that was funny, but like doja said, be kiafuru wit how ju dey yoke wid pesin wey dey mek ya food.

Prus incruding... dem stirri dey tek ya money so no yawa.

NaijaBabe said...

loooooooooooooooooooool
loooooooooooooooooooool
loooooooooooo
omg
oh Lord
o Lord

ur going the bush and rice direction...gosh ur a big pest!!!!!!!!!

theicequeen said...

LMAO! the day you discover that jackie sabi ju jitsu ehnnnn! lol..hav heard sumin like that convo before, on someoned phone, the whole Hu being the prez of China, the ocnvop was between Bush and Rice( Bush and rice..see how the hting come follow sound like joke...)]

how body now? havent been here in a hot minute..

Buttercup said...

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

thanx for makin me laugh..just what i needed..

NoLimit said...

Lol that was quite funny!
Well you need to be careful about upsetting this people o!
'Cos you never know what they're doing to your food behing closed doors!(eaaaoowww the thot is making my skin crawl)
Watched a documentary some years back...I lie my cousin watched a documentary about what happens to people's meal at chinese restaurant and some of the scenes were quite disgusting as my cousin said...especially when it comes to customers who frustrate them!
since then, I am always extra nice...to save my meal from being tampered with!