Monday 14 July 2008

Kataka Burst For Field

YAY! Sorry for sounding so excited, the last thing I saw before I started writing was Chari's comment on my blog, almost a week after the post. Chari dey vex for me seriously but I don go apologise to am. As im don comment for ma blog na im be say e no vex again. The price Chari asked was that I should produce Afrobabe (like say na fo ma domot Afrobabe dey).

By the way, did you guys read Charizard’s beautiful dedication to Ajike , who is leaving blogville? So emotional. He said something about time of the month and it got me wondering if Charizard is male or female.

Yeah, that reminds me, 30+, maybe it’s my computer but I always find it difficult to post a comment on your blog. I’ve wanted to drop a line since but been finding it difficult. No be say a fashy una.

Enough digression. I went to play football over the weekend. That would be the first time I would really play football in over ten years. I just wanted to check if the skills were still present. Anyway, skills don’t go away it’s the stamina that’s usually the problem. After playing for the first five minutes I was already breathing helehele. No, not that I’m not fit I actually do a lot of exercises, especially push-ups. It was the running around the pitch that tired me out.

Anyway, I quickly adjusted and before long I was doing my usual stuff. It was a pity Abramovich was not there he would have been talking to my agent by now. Then this eight year old boy joined us to play. Yes O, eight, eejo. I won’t tell you my age but if I was Jamaican I probably would have a grandchild of that age by now. This small boy was playing for the other team and there was a time he had the ball and had to get past me. I thought I would easily dispossess him of the ball but before I could even make any serious move this boy took my toros (passed the ball between my legs) and went around me to collect the ball then went on to score. I was the last person to beat.

Pupil laff so tey water dey comot fo dem eyes.

We continued playing and this small boy wanted to try that nonsense again but this time around I remembered what kochito told me several years ago, ‘if you miss the ball make sure you don’t miss the leg’. Na so I clear this small boy fo ground, gbosa di boy land fo ground and begin dey cry. Me a send pesin? I wan begin dey play but everybody fo field tok se a be agbaya.

Before long the boy’s father appeared and was ready to fight. Thank God some people who liked me held him or else I would be writing this post from my hospital bed. The boy’s father resemble incredible Hulk no be small.

Anyway, that was how we stopped playing on that day and I noticed most of the people I was playing with gathered together to have a short meeting. At the end of the meeting they decided that I mustn’t come to play there again because I lacked team Spirit. Team spirit ko, team ghost ni. How small boy laik dat go dey comot ma toros anyhow? Maybe it was a good thing they banned me from playing sha, my whole body is still aching. Playing football is not like doing push-ups, if you know what I mean.

Any doctor in the house? Bumight?

28 comments:

Flourishing Florida said...

this is very funny!!!!!!

bumight said...

lol, Dr. Bumight in the house, what ails thee....apart from the pain and...

u sha have to mention my name in every post shey, don't worry, I'm loving the attention!

so they say you're lacking in team spirit, I sense more of an Agbaya-alert! lmao!

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL.

You sef, you no get shame? How you go dey fall 8 year old pikin for ground? But you know what? I don't blame you though. Sadly, I think I woulda done the same thing.

And thank you for ur advice on my blog o, but I don't have anyone who will be willing to donate their tongue and teeth to such a worthy cause. Unless, of course, you're willing to donate your tongue

Vera Ezimora said...

Oh, I forgot to **wink, wink**

O'Dee said...

Lol!
Agbaya!!!!!!!!!!!!

How body?

Mz. Dee said...

lmao!

Chey... na now wifey suppose dey house o

"oh hunnie, dat that little itk hurt u? i'm so sori"

:p

Hilarious post!

And i dey o... bloggerz block dey worry me. Pray 4 me o! :p

Chari said...

and they call me agbaya?! hmmn?

Guy I still be man o bros!...Ok I hear that thing alot...if ma girlfie shoud misvex for me she will say its that time of the month...if she should jump me n almost rape me in the car she will say its that time of the month...if ma lil sis wants to tax me she will say its that time of the month...if ma mom wants me to drive from ma haus all the way to shoprite in lekki to her ONE thing...she will say its that time of the month...so u can say it was a slip of tongue by braiwashin o bross...

ehen!

Guy na true talk o...how de boi go dey dribble u like that na....e no get respect o ahnahn...nansense if na me I for rake first time...

isha said...

lmao @ Jamaican.
We had a Kochito too at my school. coincidence? I wonder...

Keep playing you'll get better.

Anonymous said...

bwaaaaaaaaaaah! LMAO!!!
Too funny.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Naijaleta you eh!
I second Vera,How u go dey throw picking for ground na?!
This post was too funny!!!

ynot! said...

bros-eyy! anyways, i can-fit rel8.
mn-a-wyl, the jersey on ur display. if it's urs, hw can i get sumtn similar (genuine)?
I'll check back 4 ur response.
It's gud 2 knw that the skill still dey bodi. no ley-ley.

Afrobabe said...

lmao...agbaya...

you kicked a small boy abi babe dey there wey u dey try to impress???

Chari still dey find me???

I have been voting for him using 3 computers oh...tell him to cool down..I take back my initial comment, cant remember it but I take it back...

Femi B said...

LOL, Oh my!!! Agbaya in the house, well maybe it was your time of the month...lol according to charizard. Im still waiting for that line oh...lol

I am said...

LMAO.

What in God's name were you thinking? Ehn chappie?

My advice from experience is: over a certain age I recommend you only play ball with your egbons... that will prop up ur street-cred (and boost biz contacts)

theicequeen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaguda said...

very funny post. small boys of nowadays, no respect whatsoever!

theicequeen said...

haba! i no dey try oh! 14 comments b4 i crashland here?? mchu..lemme go and read..*sniff*

*ehnehn...toros? na O.C we dey call that one oh!! and LOL at the team spirit ko, team ghost ni...

next time you go use style respect yourself in the presence of young Maradonas :P :P..thank God incredible hulk no do you sumtin oh!

**im posting this nansens the next mornin oh..this your blog na wah to comment on..if you no get determination, you no go comment....

NaijaBabe said...

agbaya

O'Dee said...

ABC, how body?

Geebee said...

Great pseudonym. Trust me, I almost fell for it. Sounds real if you really don't think deep. Thanks for the luv. Keep being patriotic! I wish i could love naija the way you do. Later.

Thirty + said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thirty + said...

Lmao, 8 eejo, nine eesan - rotflmao

Did you attend jeleosinmi.

Agbaya kolobo o ko si garawa, how can you clear a small boy's leg - lol

Anyhoo, you are not the first to complain of not being able to comment. I don't know what is wrong with the blog sef, maybe I should change template again but I no get strength

musco said...

hilarious!

can't believe u actually brought the 8yr old down because he was going to pull another stunt on you.

d team spirit should make them allow u play again!

NikkiSab said...

Hi 9jaleta, i'm a manutd fan by luv. I dont care about football.Ur post has funny!!

wellsbaba said...

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............

wellsbaba said...

had2comment again,guy i won laff die!
its bin a while i plaid soccer last oo i've bin cravin4 an opurtunity
so u dnt have team spirit hey?...lol...guy i no blame u ooo,man gast follow cochito lessons.....lol

Buttercup said...

lolllllll! u r somn else mayn..

uNWrItten* said...

hahahahah u are so hilarious!! omg..